Located in Belgrade Ministry of Finance of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia Building was built between 1926 and 1928 on the plot of the former financial park according to the project of the architect Nikolai Petrovich Krasnov, the most significant of all Russian architects who worked in Belgrade between the two world wars. Krasnov emigrated to the Kingdom of SHS after the October Revolution and became the most important representative of academic history in Serbian interwar architecture.
Ministry of Finance of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia Building was the first public building in Belgrade for the needs of the administration of the newly formed Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, later the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, and it should symbolize the strength of a young state. The third floor was upgraded ten years later by the same architect’s project and is one of the most successful examples of building in Belgrade. The representative appearance of the building emphasizes the cornered curved part, overlapped with the dome, from which the monumental facades with protruding wreaths and frames of windows and columns reinforced with rings are developing towards Nemanja and Knez Miloš Street.
The bronze sculpture on the top of the dome represents the personification of Yugoslavia. The statue is shown in the form of a girl with a crown on her head, holding a highly raised torch in her right hand, and her left hand holding a shield, on which a Serbian emblem is presented in shallow relief. It was made by Đorđe Jovanović, also the author of other free-standing figures on the façade: Fertility with the cornucopia, Crafts, Industry, and Mercury. The choice of motifs and the symbols of the facade sculptures was determined by the institution located in the building. In the time when the building was built, no buildings in Belgrade had so many free sculptures on the facade.
The building of the Ministry of Finance of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia is anthological work of the Belgrade inter-war architecture and the most important work of the architect Krasnov.