• Menu
  • Menu

Sites

One of the project’s activities is to create a visual reconstructions of the sites and producing a common virtual product in form of a map, including at least 100 objects/sites.

The Royal Palace, Belgrade

Located on the ridge of a hill in the Dedinje neighborhood, a prestigious area of Belgrade, The Royal Palace (Serbian: Kraljevski Dvor) is a grand stucco villa in the Serbo-Byzantine style...

Crveni Krst concentration camp

Located at the south part of the country, in the city of Niš Crveni Krst concentration camp (Red Cross) was established in the middle of 1941 in the premises of a military depot built in 1930...

King Peter I House

Located in Topčidersko Brdo (the Topčider Hill) in Belgrade, King Peter I, House is 100 years old villa converted into a modern center of a culture where many cultural events are held...

The Holy Trinity Square, Sombor

Located in Sombor, the north-west part of Republic of Serbia, The Holy Trinity Square was built in 1774 on the site of the former courtyard of a castle and it was the second major city square in...

Preparandija

Located in the city of Sombor, the north-west part of Republic of Serbia Preparandija (Teachers’ college) was built by His Holiness Georgije Brankovic, a Serbian patriarch, who was a...

Sombor Old Barracks

Located in the city of Sombor, the north-west part of the Republic of Serbia, Sombor Old Barracks is a large military garrison barracks – a whole military complex with five single-story...

Nikola Pasic’s House

Originally built as a modest family house for the Džanga merchants in 1872 Nikola Pašić’s House is a cultural monument located in downtown Belgrade, below the Republic Square and the...

Hotel Moscow, Belgrade

Located on Terazije Square plateau in the heart of Belgrade Hotel Moscow (Serbian: Hotel Moskva) is a landmark of Belgrade, one of the most important architectural gems of the Serbian...

Novi dvor

Built between 1911 and 1914 according to the plans of the prominent Serbian architect Stojan Titelbah Novi Dvor (New Palace) was a royal residence of the Karađorđević dynasty of Serbia.  Located...

Stone Palace, Belgrade

Proclaimed as the most beautiful building in 1937 the former Army Headquarters Building, also known as the Stone Palace or Baumgarten’s Palace was built between 1924 and 1928 in the...

Krsmanovic House

Often described as a small Neo-Baroque castle Krsmanović House was built in 1885 as a residential family house for Belgrade merchant Marko O. Marković according to the architectural plans of the...

Stari dvor

Stari dvor meaning Old Palace, was the royal residence of the Obrenović dynasty. Today it houses the City Assembly of Belgrade. The palace is located on the corner of Kralja Milana and Dragoslava...

Kasarna VII Puka

On the corner Resavka and Nemanjina Street, right across the street from the park Manjež are the Barracks of the 7th regiment from the list Belgrade Attractions, in the municipality of Stari Grad...

Chocolate Factory “Laima”

In 1870 the German entrepreneur Theodor Riegert opens the first chocolate factory in Latvia. Named after the goddess of fate in Latvian mythology the chocolate Factory “Laima” became one...

Salaspils concentration camp

Built at the end of 1941 in a pine forest near the town of Salaspils, 18 km southeast of Riga, Salaspils concentration camp was originally designated as a “Police Prison and work education...

Latvian War Museum

The Latvian War Museum (Latvijas Kara muzejs) is a military museum in Riga, one of the oldest and the largest museums in Latvia. It was founded in 1916 as the Latvian Riflemen Museum. In 1917, when...

Riga Ghetto

Riga was the capital of independent Latvia from 1918 until August 1940 when the country was occupied and annexed to the Soviet Union, and became the capital of the Latvian Soviet Socialist Republic...

St. Peter’s Church

Built in three distinct periods St. Peter’s Church is one of the oldest and the most valuable medieval monumental architecture buildings in the Baltic States. Located right in the very heart of...

Great Choral Synagogue

Founded in 1871 The Great Choral Synagogue was the largest synagogue in Riga until 4 of July 1941 when it was burned to the ground shortly after German Wehrmacht invaded the capital. The Neo...

Latvian National Theatre

Located in the centre of Riga, just outside the Old Town Latvian National Theatre is the oldest functioning theatre in Riga. The magnificent eclectic-style building was built between 1899-1902...

House of the Blackheads

Right in the very heart of Riga’s Old Town, in the Town Hall Square is located one of the most impressive architectural monuments, the House of Blackheads, erected in the 30s of the 14th...

Daugavpils fortress

Located in the very heart of Daugavpils, the second biggest city of Latvia, Daugavpils Fortress also known as Dinaburg Fortress or Dvinsk Fortress is unique historical and architectural monument...

Jelgava Palace

Built as a residence for the Dukes of Courland (a duchy in the Baltic region that existed from 1561 to 1569) Jelgava Palace, better known as Mitau Palace, is the largest Baroque style palace in the...

Rundale Palace

Built in two periods, from 1736 until 1740 and from 1764 until 1768 Rundāle Palace (Latvian: Rundāles pils) is a splendid Baroque and Rococo-style edifice situated in the village of Pilsrundāle...

VEF (State Electrotechnical Factory)

Valsts Elektrotehniskā Fabrika (VEF) (English: State Electrotechnical Factory) is a manufacturer of electrical and electronic products in Riga, Latvia. It was established in April 1919 as a...

Riga Central Market

Riga Central Market (Latvian: Rīgas Centrāltirgus) is Europe’s largest market and bazaar in Riga, Latvia. It is one of the most notable structures from 20th century in Latvia and has...

Galerija Centrs

Galerija Centrs is a shopping mall in Riga, Latvia. The oldest name of the shopping center was the Army Economic Store (AEV). It is was founded in the autumn of 1919 and was originally located...

Cinema “Splendid Palace”

  Address: Elizabetes Street 61, Riga Architect: Frīdrihs Kārlis Skujiņš Year of opening: 1923 Facts about the building: Building was opened at 1923. 30th of december with movie ‘’Under Two...

Chain Bridge, Budapest

The Chain Bridge was built between 1840 and 1849 as the first permanent bridge in Hungary. It spans the River Danube between Buda and Pest, the western and eastern sides of Budapest. The official...

Gellért Hotel

Located on the foot of the Gellert Hill, Gellért Hotel is an Art-Nouveau style hotel built between 1912 and 1918. For more than 80 years, Gellért Hotel is an important historical landmark in...

The Hungarian Parliament Building

Located on the banks of the Danube river, in Budapest’s Pest district The Hungarian Parliament Building or Országház has been witness to some of the country’s most pivotal moments over the...

Gresham Palace

Located right the heart of Budapest, next to the river Danube and Chain Bridge Gresham Palace is a perfect example of Art Nouveau architecture. It was built in 1906 as an office and apartment...

Royal Palace of Gödöllő

Located just outside of Budapest, the magnificent Gödöllő Royal Palace is the biggest Baroque mansion in Hungary and the second largest in the world. The construction of the palace began around 1733...

Hospital in the Rock

Hidden among nearly 10 kilometers natural cave system beneath Buda Castle Hill Hospital in the Rock Nuclear Bunker Museum (Hungarian: Sziklakórház Atombunker Múzeum) is a former secret...

Budapest Ghetto

Budapest Ghetto was a Nazi ghetto when tens of thousands of Jews were enclosed near the end of World War II. The final year of the Second World War marks one of the darkest periods in the...

Buda Castle, Budapest

Located on a top of a Castle Hill the imposing Buda Castle (Hungarian: Budavári Palota), also known as The Royal Palace, is a historical building and palace complex of the Hungarian kings...

Kazinczy Street Synagogue

Built between 1912 and 1913 by the Orthodox community in Pest Kazinczy Street Synagogue is one of the most characteristic works of Hungarian Synagogue architecture before World War I. In 1909 an...

Heroes Gate, Szeged

Located on the former Gizella Square (Today Arad Martyrs Square) in Szeged The Heroes’ Gate (Hungarian: Hősök kapuja) is a memorial monument built in 1936 by the Hungarian architect...

Matthias Church

Located atop the Buda Castle hill Matthias Church, officially known as The Church of Our Lady, is one of the finest churches in Budapest and the most unique churches in Europe. According to church...

Hotel Astoria, Budapest

Located in the heart of the capital, built on the site of the medieval town walls, the historic Hotel Astoria (Danubius Hotel Astoria) is the oldest hotel in Budapest and one of the most...

Comedy Theatre of Budapest

On the Grand Boulevard of Budapest, just one hundred feet from the river Danube stands an impressive theatre building. The Comedy Theatre of Budapest (Hungarian: Vígszínház) is one of the most...

Sándor Palace

The history of the imposing Sándor Palace (Hungarian: Sándor-palota) begins about 1803. Built in a neoclassical style for the family of count Vincent Sándor – a philosopher and aristocrat in...

Dohány Street Synagogue

Built between 1854 and 1859 in a Moorish Revival or Neo-Moorish style The Dohány Street Synagogue, also known as The Great Synagogue or Tabakgasse Synagogue, is the most impressive synagogue in...

Timisoara Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral

The Timișoara Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedrala Mitropolitană din Timișoara) is an early 20th-century Neo-Moldavian style Orthodox church located in Timisoara, Romania. The Orthodox...

Village Museum, Bucharest

The Village Museum (Romanian: Muzeul Satului) is an ethnographic open-air museum, one of the greatest museums on the Balkans, showcasing traditional Romanian village life. The museum extends to over...

Palace of National Military Circle

Built 1911 in French neoclassical style by the Romanian architect Dimitrie Maimarolu The Palace of National Military Circle is also known as the Officers’ Circle Palace...

Royal Palace of Bucharest

The Royal Palace (Romanian: Palatul Regal) of Bucharest is a monumental building in Bucharest, Romania, situated on Celea Victoriei, known as The Palace of the Republic. All through its history, the...

Mogoșoaia Palace

Mogoșoaia Palace (Romanian: Palatul Mogoșoaia) is situated about 10 kilometers from Bucharest, Romania. It was built between 1698-1702 by Constantine Brancoveanu, Prince of Wallachia, in what is...

The Arch of Triumph in Bucharest

The Arch of Triumph (Romanian: Arcul de Triumf) is a triumphal arch, located in the northern part of Bucharest, on the Kiseleff Road.  Bucharest’s Arc de Triumf was raised to...

Romanian Athenaeum

Built between 1886 and 1888 on the foundation of a former American circus the Romanian Athenaeum (Romanian: Ateneul Român) is a celebrated symbol of the national culture, a prominent...

Palace of Culture, Ploiesti

The Palace of Culture (Romanian: Palatul Culturii) is one of the most symbolic buildings of Ploieşti, Prahova County, Romania. Built in French neoclassical style on the basis of the documentation of...

Victoria Palace, Bucharest

Designed in 1937 by the Romanian architect Duiliu Marcu to house the Foreign Ministry Victoria Palace (Romanian: Palatul Victoria) is a building on the very large Victory...

Constanța Casino

Located on a cliffside, overlooking the ancient port of Constanța – the largest city of the region – Constanța Casino (Romanian: Cazinoul din Constanța), historically known as...

Sinaia Casino

Sinaia Casino is located in Sinaia, Prahova County, Romania and it was built by the initiative of King Carol I of Romania. After King Carol chose Sinaia as summer residence of the Royal Family...

Mihai Eminescu Memorial House

Mihai Eminescu Memorial House is a house, located in the village of Ipoteşti, Botoșani County, where the Romanian national poet Mihai Eminescu spent his childhood. Mihai Eminescu born as Mihail...

Prison Doftana, Muntenia

Doftana is a Romanian prison, known as The Romanian Bastille. It is located close to a village with the same name in Telega commune of Prahova County, at the foot of the Carpathian Mountains. Shaped...

Palace of Culture, Iași

The Palace of Culture (Palatul Culturii) is an edifice, located in Iași, Romania. The building served as a Administrative and justice palace until 1955, when it’s destination was changed, being...

Bellevue Palace

Located on the banks of Spree river, near the Berlin Victory Column, Bellevue Palace (German: Schloss Bellevue) has been the official residence of the President of Germany since 1994. Its name comes...

Free City of Danzig

After the end of World War I, in accordance with the terms of Article 100 (Section XI of Part III) of 1919 Treaty of Versailles was created The Free City of Gdansk (German: Freie Stadt...

Messe Berlin

Messe Berlin (Berlin Messegelände) are exhibition grounds in the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf precinct of Berlin, Germany, at Masurenallee opposite the Haus des Rundfunks. Since 2011...

Schloss Tegel

The Schloss Tegel (Tegel Palace) or Humboldt-Schloss is a privately owned and occupied home in Tegel, part of the Reinickendorf district of the German capital Berlin. Dates...

Spandau Citadel

The Spandau Citadel (German: Zitadelle Spandau) is a fortress in Berlin, Germany, one of the best-preserved Renaissance military structures of Europe. Built from 1559-94 atop a medieval...

Hamburger Bahnhof

Hamburger Bahnhof is the former terminus of the Berlin-Hamburg Railway in Berlin, Germany, on Invalidenstrasse in the Moabit district opposite the Charité hospital. Today it serves as a...

The Jewish Ghetto in Kraków

The Kraków Ghetto was one of five major, metropolitan Jewish ghettos created by Nazi Germany in the new General Government territory during the German occupation of Poland in World War...

Hackescher Markt

Hackescher Markt (“Hacke’s Market”) is a square in central Mitte (meaning ‘middle’) locality of Berlin, Germany, situated at the eastern end of Oranienburger Strasse. It is an...

St. Nevsky Cathedral, Warsaw

The Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (Polish: Sabór św. Aleksandra Newskiego) was a Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Saxon Square built in Warsaw, Poland than a part of the Russian Empire.  The...

Hackesche Höfe

No visit to Berlin is complete without a trip to the Hackesche Höfe. Ever since reunification, they have been one of the main meeting points for scenesters and tourists alike. The complex is in the...

St. Mary’s Church, Berlin

St. Mary’s Church, known in German as the Marienkirche, is a church, located on Karl-Liebknecht Straße (formerly Kaiser-Wilhelm Straße) in Central Berlin, near...

Garrison District

Close to the main road between the airport and the city Garnizon (Garrison) district occupies nearly 30 hectares in Gdańsk borough Wrzeszcz (German: Langfuhr). Garnizon is a place where the...

Stutthof Death Camp

Stutthof, the German name for the town of what is now Sztutowo, will always be recognised for one thing and, like the better-known Auschwitz, what happened here should never be forgotten. The small...

Ministry of Aviation

The Detlev-Rohwedder-Haus (Detlev Rohwedder House) is a building in Berlin that at the time of it’s construction was the largest office building in Europe. It was constructed between...

The Polish Post Office Siege

At just after 04:45 local time on September 1, 1939, as the Germans launched their attack on Westerplatte and WWII officially began, another ferocious assault was just beginning at the small post...

The Town Hall Of ‎Gdansk

Known fondly by locals of a certain age today as ‘Żak’, this beautiful building which was renovated in the years after the turn of the century was originally built as the ‘Generalkommando’ (General...

Adlon

The Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin is a luxury hotel in Berlin, Germany. It is located on Unter den Linden, the main boulevard in the central Mitte district, at the corner with Pariser Platz...

The Great Synagogue, Białystok

The Great Synagogue (Polish: Wielka Synagoga w Białymstoku) was a synagogue located in Białystok, Poland, which was built between 1909-1013. It was designed by Szlojme (Shlomo) Rabinowicz...

Poznan Town Hall

Poznań Town Hall is a historic building in the city of Poznań in western Poland, located at the Poznań Old Town in the centre of Old Market Square (Stary Rynek).  It used to serve as...

Funkturm, Berlin

Funkturm Berlin (Berlin Radio Tower) is a former broadcasting tower in Berlin. Constructed between 1924 and 1926 to designs by the architect Heinrich Straumer. His plans were inspired by...

Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church

The Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church (in German: Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche, but mostly just known as Gedächtniskirche [ɡəˈdɛçtnɪsˈkɪʁçə]) is a Protestant church affiliated with the Evangelical...

Golden Gate, Gdansk

Designed by the architect Abraham Van den Blocke and built under the guidance of Jan Strakowski in a Dutch mannerism The Golden Gate (Polish: Złota Brama) is one of the most notable tourist...

The Royal Castle, Warsaw

Located on the entrance of Warsaw Old Town, on the Castle Square The Royal Castle (Polish: Zemek Królewski) is a castle residency that formerly served as an official Polish monarchs residency all...

Bebelplatz

The Bebelplatz (formerly colloquially Opernplatz) is a public square in the central Mitte district of Berlin, the capital of Germany. The square is on the south side of the Unter den...

Tränenpalast

The Tränenpalast (English: Palace of Tears) is the Berlin colloquialism for the former border crossing at Berlin Friedrichstraße station, where East Germans said goodbye to the visitors...

Reichstag building

The Raichstag (German: Reichstagsgebäude pronounced [ˈʁaɪçstaːksgəˈbɔʏdə]; officially: Deutscher Bundestag – Plenarbereich Reichstagsgebäude pronounced [ˈdɔʏtʃɐ...

The Royal Station

Built-in 1906 in a Neo-Baroque style the building of The Royal Station also known as The Royal Station Kazichene is a monument of culture and a museum. The Royal Railway Station was used exclusively...

Royal Stables, Sofia

Built at the time of Knyaz Aleksander Battenberg (Knyaz of Principality of Bulgaria in the period of June 26, 1879 – August 26, 1886) the imposing building of The Royal Stables is situated on...

Sofia Central Mineral Baths

The Central Mineral Baths is a landmark in the centre of Sofia, Bulgaria. It was built in the early 20th century near the former Turkish bath (then destroyed) and was used as the...

Central military club, Sofia

The Central Military Club is a multi-purpose monument of culture building in the centre of Sofia, Bulgaria. Built in 1895 based on designs by the czech architect Antonin Kolar, the...

Central Sofia Market Hall

The Central Sofia Market Hall (Bulgarian: Централни софийски хали) known popularly simply as The Market Hall (Халите, Halite) is a covered market in the centre of Sofia...

Arabakonak

Arabakonak (Bulgarian: Арабаконак, until June 29, 1942) or Botevgrad Pass is a mountain pass through the mountains Murgash to the west and Etropole Mountain to the east (parts of Western Stara...

Vrana Palace

Located on the outskirts of the capital city of Sofia, the splendid Vrana Palace (Also known as Vranya) is a former royal palace surrounded by a beautiful park who covers an area of around 100...

Sofia Synagogue

The Sofia Synagogue (Bulgarian: Софийска синагога, Sofiyska sinagoga) is the largest synagogue on Southeastern Europe, one of two functioning in Bulgaria (with the one in Plovdiv) and the...

Church of St. Paraskeva, Sofia

The Church of St. Paraskeva (Bulgarian: Църква “Света Параскева”) is a Bulgarian Orthodox church in Sofia, Bulgaria. Plans to build a church at the site date to 1910...

The Cathedral of St. Joseph

The Cathedral of St Joseph (Bulgarian: катедрала „Св. Йосиф“) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It is the co-cathedral of the Diocese of Sofia and Plovdiv, together...

Lion’s Bridge

Lions’ Bridge (Bulgarian: Лъвов мост) is a bridge over Vladaya River in the centre of Sofia, Bulgaria, built 1889-1891 by Czech architect Václav Prošek, his brother Jozef and his...

Ivan Vazov National Theatre

The attack at the City Casino is a terrorist act committed around 1 am on February 14th (February 1, old style) in 1915 at the City Casino in Sofia from the so-called Red Brothers. It was done at the...

St. Nedelya Church

St. Nedelya Church (Bulgarian: Катедрален храм “Св. великомъченица Неделя” в София or църква „Света Неделя“, transliteration Sveta Nedelya) is an Eastern Orthodox church in Sofia, the...

The Royal Palace, Sofia

The Royal Palace which initially served as the residence of the Prince and later – of the King, was among the first symbols of Sofia, following its proclamation capital city of the Third...

Kraków Cloth Hall – Sukiennice

Arguably considered as world’s oldest shopping mall Kraków Cloth Hall (Polish: Sukiennice) was built in 1257. Situated in the middle of Kraków central Grand Square (Polish: Rynek Główny) for...

Silesian Parliament

Built in neoclassical style and designed by the architect Lech Wojtyczko, the Silesian Parliament was built in between 1925-1929. The complex covers an entire city block between Jagiellońska...

Legnickie Pole

Located on the outskirts of Legnica Legnickie Pole (German: Wahlstatt) is a village acclaimed in history as field of one of the most momentous battles in history of Europe – the Battle of...

Kozlowka palace

The original palace was built in the first half of 18th century for Michał Bieliński, voivode of Chełmno; its architect was Jozef II Fontana. It represents the characteristic type of baroque suburban...